The Capital Development Programme
A full Capital Expenditure Programme of reasonably foreseeable spend over the next 10 years can be found in the business plan. Some of these key projects are listed below:
- Re-configure the St Peter Port harbour layout to provide a safer, more pleasant atmosphere for passengers and improved flow and security for commercial operations.
- Build a new passenger terminal and customs area.
- Complete the planned build of a new Port Signal Station, relocating the function from a temporary port-a-cabin.
- Upgrade the very out-dated visitor shower and laundry facility blocks on the Crown and Albert Piers, to meet marina customer expectations and encourage new users.
- Develop the quays and pontoons within the harbour including the inter-island and fish quays.
- Relocate cruise liner passenger dis/embarkation point to a safer, more appropriate area within the harbour.
- Maximise marina configurations to meet customer demand.
- Continue the preservation, upgrade and repair programme for existing infrastructure such as breakwaters, harbour walls and other vital sea defences.
- On-going maintenance, development and enhancement of the public realm areas.
- Review and repair navigational aids.
- Replace essential infrastructure when it becomes end of life, including the West Roll On-Roll Off (RoRo) ramp.
- Replace the Guernsey Harbours Sarnia workboat, to maintain vital harbour maintenance and other sea-related support services.
- Dredge areas of St Peter Port Harbour and marinas to optimise maximum depths.
- Comply with International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) standards.
Take the Survey
Now that you have reviewed the information on this website, please let us know what you think by taking the MyHarbours survey